Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Accountability for Colorado, Bob Boswell, and Scooter McGee ? ? ?

What has the political arena become?

Political candidates used to debate issues, take a stand, and let the voter decide. Now we live in a 24 hour news/media barrage, where if it doesn't bleed it doesn't lead. With electronic mass mailers, texts, and tweets; it's almost as if we want to be told what to do and how to vote, and who for, etc...

I remember when as a broadcaster oh, those many years ago, when you were NOT allowed to tell people what your political persuasion was! Then we had the 80's and deregulation. Ahhh, the bliss to the humble broadcaster who could speak his mind, and allow his listeners to speak their minds as well! Then came the 90's with talk of "conspiracy", fictional bogeymen dressed in black, equipped by a "secret-group" hell bent on some crazy mission of dubious substance.

When the millennium came and went without the world collapsing into darkness, we looked toward the future and we all had hope for a change!

Now, in my humble opinion it seems that to be a successful broadcaster you must align yourself with a political party. Well I am not successful by definition NOR am I politically aligned!

So desperate the powers that be are since I won't speak and I allow others to speak, this is the solution? Killing 2 birds with one stone? Attempting to politicize The Scooter McGee Show to a political candidate?

Congratulations!
You have awoken a sleeping giant!
I would wish you luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it!

Scooter McGee, Host of The Scooter McGee Show

P.S.---Did ya get permission to use my likeness or use my show name in the mailer?
My lawyer says no calls or contracts came through his office, but I am sure you can forge up something before Friday, October 28Th, 2010 at 12 Noon Mountain Daylight Time.

No comments: